ENERGY EFFICIENT HOMES
SMART HOME BUILDING THAT SAVES YOU... AND THE PLANET
Hunt Homes is a leader in building energy-efficient homes. These homes take efficiency to the next level, with features throughout the home that contribute to higher levels of energy efficiency.
There are the seven main features of a truly energy efficient home:
- More insulation in the walls and attic
- High-performance, energy-efficient windows
- Sealing of the exterior walls to minimize drafts
- High-efficiency heating and cooling equipment with the ducts sealed to prevent air leakage
- Energy-efficient products like appliances and lighting
- Independent testing to ensure the home is ENERGY STAR qualified
- Drain water heat recovery. Its free energy from water going down the drain.
Hunt Homes offers you Energy Efficient Choices that will SAVE you money!
- Programmable thermostats
- Tankless water heaters
- ENERGY STAR qualified appliances
- ENERGY STAR qualified light fixtures
- Higher SEER air conditioners
- Higher-efficiency furnaces
- Insulated garage doors
- Higher-rated insulation in exterior walls and attics,
plus, insulation for interior walls/floors
- ENERGY STAR qualified ceiling fans
- Light dimmer switches
- House wrap
Indoor air quality
At Hunt Homes, we care about the air you breathe. We spend well over 2000 hours a year inside our homes. We want that air to be healthy for you to breathe. We offer the following options at Hunt Homes to make your indoor air cleaner and healthier.
- Energy efficient air filtration systems
- Central vacuums to keep dust outside
- Whole-house water purification and/or softener systems
- Under-the-sink water filtration systems
- Direct-vent fireplaces and appliances
- Bathroom exhaust fans
- Mold-resistant carpet pads
- Fresh air exchange vents
- Gas and electric fireplaces
- Carbon monoxide detectors
- Hepa air cleaners
YOUR HOME TEAM
Fran Wicklum, Broker
Jean Twynstra, Sales Rep.
Century 21 Heritage House Ltd.
Phone: (519) 535-2380
Phone: (519) 532-1963
P.O. Box 20145